As I’ve done since 2010 — my only perfect year (I wonder why…) — I will keep this short and sweet and predict all of Auburn’s 2020 games with one sentence each. I know that’s too much for some of you, but you think you can get through 12 whole sentences? Let’s try…
– In 2010, I predicted that Auburn would go 11-0 in the regular season with a toss-up against Alabama. Auburn went 12-0 in the regular season.
– In 2011, I predicted that Auburn would go 9-2 in the regular season with a toss-up against Alabama. Auburn went 7-5 in the regular season.
– In 2012, I vowed to never pick another Auburn loss because of the results of 2010. I did just that and Auburn won 3 games. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
– In 2013, I went less homer, but maybe full homer, and picked a 9-2 regular season with a toss-up against Alabama, and the Tigers went 11-1.
– In 2014, I picked Auburn to go 11-0 in the regular season with a toss-up against Alabama. Auburn went 7-4 in the regular season. Maybe I should stop picking undefeated seasons.
– In 2015, I bought into the hype that never came to fruition. What are you gonna do? Everybody believed, then 3 little things (Duke, Jeremy, Carl) happened, and the season wasn’t what we wanted.
– In 2016, I went with mathematical logic, and it got me closer to 100% than most people. Four losses wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t great. The middle of the season kept me alive, though.
– In 2017, I missed three games. Auburn lost three games. Are you starting to get it?
– In 2018, I missed a few games, but I also only missed one game by one point, one game by a safety, and one game by a field goal.
– In 2019, I missed the same three games that Auburn lost, but they were all close.
Now let’s see how 2020 will go…
Sept. 26 – Kentucky – Tired preseason hype from the SEC East cellar dwellers is squashed early again, as the Tigers come back from an early 7-point deficit to run away with it.
Worry level: 6. Score: Auburn 38, Kentucky 14
Oct. 3 – at Georgia – Without a quarterback, without a crowd full of spitting fans, Georgia doesn’t have it all together in this early season tilt, but a late score makes it look respectable.
Worry level: 7. Score: Auburn 27, Georgia 20
Oct. 10 – Arkansas – Two coaches that may still have some Arkansas gear in their closet take out double the revenge, or whatever you want to call it, on the Hawgs.
Worry level: 2. Score: Auburn 51, Arkansas 7
Oct. 17 – at South Carolina – Bo Nix and Seth Williams connect for three first half touchdowns, making the 2nd half a formality.
Worry level: 4. Score: Auburn 31, South Carolina 13
Oct. 24 – at Ole Miss – Lane Kiffin brings out a few tricks to get the crowd of a few thousand fired up, but Auburn comes back in a shaky road game, led by Shaun Shivers’s two 4th quarter touchdowns.
Worry level: 3. Score: Auburn 35, Ole Miss 21
Oct. 31 – LSU – 2-loss LSU rolls onto the Plains wondering what’s going on, and Auburn’s two pick-sixes help the Purple Tigers continue their confusion.
Worry level: 7. Score: Auburn 31, LSU 10
Nov. 14 – at Mississippi State – Mike Leach’s pirate ship will be unveiled before kickoff, but it doesn’t hold any of those points cannons that the Maroons will very much need.
Worry level: 4. Score: Auburn 34, Mississippi State 13
Nov. 21 – Tennessee – Despite being thrown off by not playing Vanderbilt, Kentucky, or Missouri in a late season game, the Vols keep it close, but Bo Nix throws a last minute go ahead touchdown pass… to John Samuel Shenker.
Worry level: 6. Score: Auburn 24, Tennessee 17
Nov. 28 – at Alabama – Alabama becomes the first stadium to allow full capacity in hopes to stop Auburn’s playoff chances, but Bo Nix floats one to Seth Williams as time expires to continue the undefeated season.
Worry level: 10. Score: Auburn 21, Alabama 20
Dec. 5 – Texas A&M – With one loss between the teams, this becomes the unofficial SEC West championship game, and the good team wins with a goal line stand at the end.
Worry level: 8. Score: Auburn 28, Texas A&M 20
Now give me your predictions and/or tell me how smart I am in the comments section below.
Do a prediction: if AU goes to the playoff, will War Blogle pass his begging bowl to have other people find his trip?
Just don’t ,it’s any games! I like your moxie. When things are strange Auburn seems to find a way! War Eagle.