Hunter L. Johnson (@BurnerLJohnson) is what I would be if I was an Alabama fan, liked cats, didn’t accept reality, and was a whole lot dumber. But really, he’s a good Alabama troll that has collected a few minions along the way, and just knows how to play the game. This is his 6th time on the Blogle, so I’m not sure if that makes him a regular. But I am sure he’s an idiot.
1. Without mentioning New Mexico State, what is an Alabama fan’s first thought of Auburn football right now?
You have limited me here with your caveat, but I think this season went about how I thought it would for Auburn. Your roster is incredibly limited and going into the season I thought that 6 wins was about right.
2. Ok, now you can talk about New Mexico State.
It was pretty damn hilarious. New Mexico State is a good team and it was shocking to me how y’all just didn’t seem ready to play. That said, I think that game has nothing to do with Saturday. Auburn will be ready to play, as we all know that it is your Super Bowl.
3. As someone who has experienced their team’s loss against a much worse team in UL-Monroe, can you please tell us how to come back from it? How did you move on?
The University rebounded from it by going undefeated in the regular season and playing in the SEC Championship the next year. Seems reasonable for Auburn to accomplish. Good luck!
4. Who is your favorite Auburn Tiger of all time? Who is your least favorite Auburn Tiger of all time?
You know the answer to this. My favorite Barner of all-time is Eric Ramsey. Always good to see a guy step up and do what is right. (In all seriousness, it’s probably Charles Barkley.)
My least favorite used to be Cam Newton, but he kinda redeemed himself with that video of him riding the hoverboard after the 2015 Iron Bowl. Right now, it’s probably KD Johnson. Honestly not sure how y’all pull for him.
5. Which positional matchup are you most interested in watching this weekend?
Bunch of intriguing matchups when we have the ball. The Auburn defense hasn’t been the issue this year. I am interested to see how our OL does against your front 7 though.
6. Who are two Tiders that aren’t big names that Auburn fans should look out for?
I am looking for a big day from Roydell Williams (backup RB) on Saturday. Also, Amari Niblack isn’t listed as a starter, but he plays a ton and is a guy who can create some serious matchup problems at TE.
7. Are there any guys on the current Auburn roster that scare you and why?
I am concerned about Peyton Thorne a bit. After seeing what he did against Georgia with his legs, that kinda has me worried. He’s not a huge threat to run so you feel like you don’t have to worry about it, but then you don’t and he ends up burning you.
And while not a person on the roster, I am concerned about what color facemasks y’all wear. I know that is very important.
8. What’s your prediction/analysis of the game?
I have attended too many Iron Bowls in Auburn to think that this game is going to be a blowout. The score might look like it by the end of the game, but this game will be tight at halftime IMO. Kinda has a feel like the 2015 game? But even in that game, I was very concerned deep into the 4th qtr. My prediction is 45-24 Alabama.
9. Where will Auburn and Alabama end up this season?
Auburn will once again play in The Birmingham Bowl (very excited for the Auburn Twitter video of the guys enjoying Vestavia Bowl, provided that it doesn’t rain and get flooded between now and then).
I think Alabama has as good of a shot as anyone to beat Georgia, but there’s gonna take at least one other thing happening to get Alabama into the CFP (Auburn has never been). So if I had to put my money on it, I would bet we end up in The Peach Bowl.
10. Who do you want to replace Nick Saban next year?
I think that this season has re-energized Sabear a bit. I was worried that he might be ready to hang it up after the Texas game and the USF debacle, but I think we get 3-4 more years out of him.