Who besides me realized that I didn’t post any rankings last week? I’m blaming it on pre-Thanksgiving turkey and dressing haze. That, and it was a short week and the Iron Bowl was coming up, and… I just forgot, ok?! Anyway, here are my rankings leading in to the SEC Championship Game.
1. LSU – A little scare from Arkansas turned out to be nothing. Les Miles is due for a stupid loss, but haven’t we been saying that for 4 or 5 years now?
2. Alabama – Second best team in the SEC? Sure. Second best team in the nation? Probably. Already had their shot and shouldn’t be given another because we already know that LSU is better than them? Definitely.
3. Arkansas – The Razorbacks may be a spot or two higher than normal this year, but here they are again as the team that’s just good enough to beat somebody, but not good enough to beat everybody.
4. South Carolina – Right now, regardless of having one more SEC loss, I think the Gamecocks would beat Georgia again, even with a different quarterback. Especially if the Georgia that struggled with Kentucky and the South Carolina that drummed Clemson showed up.
5. Georgia – The worst and least deserving SEC divisional champion of all time. And that’s the truth. I know I sound like a sore loser, but they really are! Yeah-huh!
6. Auburn – You may laugh, but look who’s below our beloved Tigers. Bottom line is the the SEC is down. Tell LSU and Alabama fans that. They love to hear it.
7. Florida – Besides Ole Miss, I could see any one of these next teams beating each other on any given Saturday. Florida can not wait to get to next year, but will it really matter?
8. Mississippi State – Dan Mullen is apparently wanted by another school (Penn State). I guess beating Ole Miss is just that impressive.
9. Vanderbilt – The Commodores may actually be pretty decent if James Franklin isn’t lured away in the coming years, but for right now they are still Vanderbilt.
10. Kentucky – I know Tennessee is bad, but I have no idea how they the Wildcats beat them last week. It had to have been those terrible uniforms scaring the Volunteers into submission.
11. Tennessee – What happens when you brag about beating Vanderbilt? You lose to Kentucky.
12. Ole Miss – They gave up a long time ago.