There are some really good ‘bits today. You should read them all.
- Here is where Auburn is ranked this week: BCS-#2, Coaches’-#2, Harris-#2, Legends-#2, CBS Sports-#2, CFN-#2. I will no longer post the AP poll because 1) it does not matter and 2) they obviously don’t watch football.
- Despite dropping to #2 in the BCS, Scarbinsky tells the Auburn Family not to worry.
- Auburn stays atop Chris Low’s SEC Power Rankings, while staying below Boise in ESPN’s Power Rankings.
- Pete Fiutak at CFN analyzes the new BCS rankings, and the CFN staff talks scenarios.
- Schlabach takes a look at the candidates for the BCS Championship game.
- Who said defense wins championships?
- We can actually look at bowl projections now that we are in November, although these still mean nothing. Chris Low still says Auburn will play in the BCS National Championship game. ESPN says Orange or Sugar, and CFN says Sugar as well.
- Despite a concerted effort by the Auburn coaching staff to spread the stats around the offense, Cam still leads in the Heisman race.
- Speaking of offensive stats, Auburn has 801 more rushing yards than the next best rushing team in the SEC (Mississippi State). They also have more rushing yards than 10 of the 11 other SEC teams’ passing yardage.
- Given Cam’s “slow night” of accounting for three touchdowns, it gave someone else a chance to be named SEC Offensive Player of the Week, but the Auburn streak is not over. Demond Washington and Mike Dyer took Special Teams and Freshman of the Week honors.
- Demond also received a helmet sticker.
- Gus is so freakin’ hot!
- Take a seat and let C-Low tell you what we learned this week.
- I know all of you got the first look at the team’s Halloween costumes right here on the ‘Blogle, but now a few national blogs have taken notice.
- I often find myself wondering what it would be like if Pat Dye had a log….wait, he does!
- I never really post any recaps of the game from the past weekend, so let me do that now: Recap #1, Recap #2.
- Mike Dyer gets asked a few questions.
- Watch this now (22:50 mark). All I do is read, read, read no matter what…
- Clay Travis thinks that Auburn and Alabama could play a rematch in the BCS title game. That would mean Auburn lost the first time around, and we know that ain’t happening.
- Speaking of Alabama, you want sad? This is sad, and this is even sadder, and this is just stupid, but there are no words for these comments.
- Auburn and Georgia will kickoff at 2:30 CT on CBS. Before you complain about wanting a night game, remember that the last two times that Georgia has come to Auburn, the games have been at 11 and 11:30. I’ll gladly take 2:30 over that.
Bammers really have nothing better to do than worry about Auburn. It’s kinda funny at first, then annoying, and now it’s just sad. They can’t enjoy their 25th national championship because Auburn is doing well.