With the short week, and Thanksgiving throw in too, expect a heavy dose of posts during the first three days of this glorious week. Today, I give you some bowl talk, a little bit of Iron Bowl talk, and the number one thing you want to read about this week: basketball.
- The bye week really, really, really, really helped the team.
- Jay G. Tate, of the Montgomery Advertiser, thinks so too.
- Chizik knows the Iron Bowl is important, but he’s not changing anything in terms or preparation…and he shouldn’t.
- Here’s more of what Coach said about the Iron Bowl, and a few players, in his weekly press conference.
- Scarbinsky is his normal love-the-favorite self.
- Chris Low says Auburn is going to the Music City Bowl. He also keeps Auburn at the bottom of the middle tier of the SEC. Again, one spot below Tennessee, who Auburn beat head-to-head. Oh, and the Tigers also have a better record.
- The two other guys from ESPN.com say Auburn is going to the Liberty or Outback Bowl against some pretty unique* opponents.
- Of course everybody in the world is picking Alabama, but so did everybody in 1989.
- I know this guy isn’t serious. He can’t be.
- The basketball team went 1-2 in the Glen Wilkes Classic over the weekend, including a last second, 2-point loss to NC State. That at least sounds promising right?
*-unique means crappy and boring