Happy Tuesday. I hope everyone survived the Battle of Winterfell this weekend. We’re entering into a stretch of time without many pressing news stories. Still, our WarBlogle fam is always mining out the interesting tidbits of information, and I know there’s nothing you’d rather be doing than catching up. Enjoy.
– Auburn had a historically good showing at the NFL Draft.
– Darius Slayton was Auburn’s first skill player taken. The Giants certainly hope he can help fill the OBJ gap next season.
– That’s six total drafted players, seven if you count one that transferred away from Auburn.
– The excitement didn’t end after seven rounds, though. See which Auburn players signed as UDFA’s.
– Will this year’s record be broken next year? See which Auburn players will likely be drafted next year.
– Also, Virginia apparently feels so much shame from cheating Auburn out of the National Championship that they can’t bring themselves to be honored.
– The SEC Golf Tournament’s format is as broken as Vanderbilt’s basketball court. After leading by 16 (!!) strokes in three days of stroke play, Auburn fell to Arkansas in the final day of match play.
– I don’t know how you feel, but this shot would probably make me feel okay with second place. How many attempts would it take you to hit that?
– Speaking of clutch shots, the Gus Bus himself has quite the accurate golf game.
– Did I mention Vanderbilt gimmicks? See their latest tactic to steal wins.
– I’ll leave you with two heartwAUrming stories: Bo Jackson raises money for 2011 tornado victims, and Auburn and Alabama fans come together to help Lee County victims. Life is precious and these disasters are bigger than sports.
Let me know if I missed anything in the comments below.