You ain’t never seen this many tidbits in one day. That’s what we get for a short week: two days of ‘bits crammed into one long post. If you see anything interesting out there, be sure to post it in the comments for all the world to see. Enjoy!
- Auburn moved up a few spots in each of the major polls (AP, Coaches’) this week.
- Here are a few more rankings from around the sports world as well: Andy Staples, CollegeFootballNews.com, Chris Low.
- Low also gives us his SEC Power Rankings.
- For anyone that cares, I won’t be posting any rankings until after the 8th week of the season, like all polls should. That way a good assessment of the teams can be made rather than working with preseason rankings as if they are fact.
- SI’s Stewart Mandel has a few words about Dyer and Newton.
- …and that’s “Mike” Dyer to you.
- In ridiculous, but positive watch-list news, Cam Newton has made two Heisman watch-lists: SI, ESPN.
- In ridiculous, but not terrible projection news, the Tigers are picked to play in the Capital One Bowl against the boring Badgers of Wisconsin.
- As great as it was to see Etheridge and Savage back on the field, they were a little rusty.
- Even though Auburn has their highest senior class ever (24), the Tigers still led the SEC in number of true freshman that played last Saturday.
- If you think it’s time to replace Ted Roof, Scarbinksy and I think you’re an idiot.
- Here’s a few more reasons why you shouldn’t worry just yet.
- Finally putting week 1 to bed, here are a few SEC Bloggers’ players of the week, etc. It looks like tomorrow’s battle with the Bulldogs will include Player of the Week quarterbacks.
- Pat Dye tells us what it takes to be a head football coach.
- Here’s what Gene said on an early edition Tiger Talk last night. The topic of duplicate numbers was mentioned because Auburn has way too many, but then again, one instance too many in my opinion.
- In further proof that the duplicate numbers have to go, did you know that Barrett Trotter returns punt for the Tigers?.
- Aside from the “big hit”, SI.com talks about Cam in these Key Moments and Top Players videos.
- Chizik and Mullen also spoke about the game on the SEC teleconference today.
- ‘Blogle buddy Barrett Sallee (nice alliteration huh?) talks about Auburn’s early test with the Mississippi State Bulldogs.
- Auburn is supposedly going to see plenty of Mississippi State’s two-quarterback system.
- This guy hates SEC games on Thursday nights. If you win though, it makes for a great weekend.
- I don’t know what Auburn ever did to this guy, but I don’t remember the last time he picked Auburn to win a game.
- CBSSports.com previews the Mississippi State game, and so does Gene Chizik.
- Get your al.com Gameday Fact Sheet here.
- In ‘what a joke’ news, Trent Richardson is on the front page of this week’s Sports Illustrated. He rushed for 66 yards against San Jose State.
- Apparently Bammers will have plenty of time to read the magazine since citizens of Tuscaloosa sit around and do nothing but look SI covers more than anyone else in the nation.
- Lastly, Tony Barbee fully approves of Auburn transfer Varez Ward’s attempt to get a waiver to play this year. Of course he does. Why wouldn’t he?
If Auburn just adds Wisconsin to the schedule as a non-conference game each year, the chance of Auburn playing them in a bowl game would decrease dramatically. I would be all for that. Let’s mix it up!