Auburn sophomore tight end, Philip Lutzenkirchen, kindly agreed to answer a few questions for the ‘Blogle about his time at Auburn, his musical taste, his hobbies, and his mustache. Feel free to leave a questions in the comments section and Philip may answer a few.
1. How do you think one year of playing behind Tommy Trott prepared you for this season?
Playing behind Tommy last year helped me to understand that you cannot just step in right away and be the same player you were in high school. It takes a while to learn how to play in college and get used to the talent you are up against.
2. What is your favorite thing about playing for Auburn?
My favorite thing about playing for Auburn is Tiger Walk. It is crazy fun and gets me so pumped.
3. I noticed you rocking the mustache in some pictures of Fan Day? Is that going to stay around? You know you can’t shave it if we win the first game, right?
The mustache was a joke during camp, but maybe I’ll bring it out again for next camp.
4. What’s your jam right now?
All I have been listening to lately is Zac Brown Band
5. Besides football, what are some of your hobbies?
My other hobbies are watching movies. I consider myself to be an overgrown kid, and I hope I never have to grow up. I love watching Disney movies.
6. Beach or mountains?
Neither, I would rather be on the lake.
7. What are your overall goals for this year?
My goals for this year are to win the SEC and get to the Georgia Dome. The Mackey Award would be nice also.
8. Other than the obvious, what does “good to great” mean to you?
To me, “good to great” means that if you want to be good, keep doing what you have been doing. It takes mental toughness and extra effort to be great.
Believe P L will have a break-out year this year!