Auburn kicks off the season one week from yesterday. If you didn’t know that, continue reading because I guarantee you won’t know any other information below.
Gus and Co. have had a busy few months with preseason training camp, as well as being en fuego on the recruiting trail. Since mid-July, Auburn has picked up 5 commits and has jumped in the class recruiting rankings to number 8, according to 247.
- 4-star wide receiver George Pickens (6-3, 190, Hoover, AL)
- 4-star athlete Zion Puckett (6-0, 200, Griffin, GA)
- 4-star guard Keiondre Jones (6-4, 341, Hogansville, GA)
- 4-star athlete Cam’ron Kelly (6-1, 190, Chesapeake, VA)
- 3-star defensive end Colby Wooden (6-4, 230, Lawrenceville, GA).
Remember when Georgia Twitter said Auburn wouldn’t dominate Georgia in recruiting “their” state? 8 of Auburn’s 16 committed recruits are from Georgia, and as you can see from above, they’re very good players.
These are all 4-star athletes (except Colby Wooden), which Auburn beat out Clemson for his commitment. Stars don’t always translate to talent, because if they did, Alabama would win the National Championship every year, and the committee wouldn’t have had to listen to Nick Saban begging to be in a tournament they have no business being in.
You can check out the rest of Auburn’s commits here. What other recruits do you think Auburn will land this cycle? Where do you think Auburn’s class finishes at the end of the cycle? Let us know in the comments!