There were very few changes in the poll this week, but if we did it BCS-style and ranked on a point system, a few distances between spots would be a lot smaller.
1. Alabama – Well look at that, they’re human. I guess we should start treating them as so. I wonder what the worst NFL team would have done to them.
2. LSU – So either Mettenberger turned the corner after being mediocre all season, or the Alabama defense isn’t as unstoppable as we were all told. I think it might be a little bit of both.
3. Georgia – Ok, fine. I’ll put you ahead of Florida. I know you beat them, but I’m still not really feeling you. Ya know?
4. Florida – You could only muster up a 14-7 against Missouri, huh? You know where they are in the ‘Blogle Poll? Hint: you’ll have to scroll down a lot.
5. Texas A&M – I could easily see the Aggies at the 3-spot. If they do the unthinkable and beat the team of machines this weekend, they might jump ahead of that.
6. South Carolina – It’s over the Gamecocks, so they’ll probably stay here for the rest of the season. Everybody below them is just “meh.”
7. Mississippi State – 7-0, 7-1, 7-2. What’s next? I’ll tell you. 7-3. Front-loaded schedules suck, don’t they?
8. Ole Miss –Well you hung around with the Dawgs for a few minutes, then the Rebels we all know and love came on out.
9. Arkansas – A two point win against Tulsa isn’t always impressive, but it was only the Golden Hurricane’ 2nd loss of the season, and given the way the Razorbacks have looked this year, I guess we can commend them for the win. Not enough to move them up in the polls, but good job, Arkansas.
10. Vanderbilt – Vandy jumped Tennessee after trouncing the worst team in the SEC. Never thought I’d say that, but…
11. Tennessee – The Vols could have and should have lost to Troy. Even though they didn’t, they still gave up nearly 50 points to the Trojans. I’d say Dooley knows he’s gone.
12. Missouri – If not for a somewhat decent performance against Florida, I was totally prepared to switch the Tigers with the Tigers that have been below them in every poll.
13. Auburn – A win versus New Mexico State, regardless of how big the point spread is, doesn’t do enough to cause any moves in the polls. Unfortunately.
14. Kentucky – 40-0 to Vandy? Again, thank you.
If you’d like to, go ahead and put your rankings in the comments below. We can all call each other stupid. It will be fun.