Jumbled ‘bits for you today:
- Although he discredits Auburn in everything he says, Stewart Mandel wonders why people aren’t giving Chizik more credit.
- Erin Andrews calls Cam Newton “a beautiful specimen” in Mandel’s podcast. It’s around the halfway point.
- As I tweeted yesterday, Auburn and Cam were mentioned on the cover of this week’s Sports Illustrated. Here is the article.
- Scarbinksy says betting against Chizik might be a dumb move.
- You know how we make a big deal about recruiting rankings? We shouldn’t.
- Some idiot writes that keeping the opponent from scoring 50 points might be enough for the Auburn defense. Who says that?! Oh…I did.
- Is Auburn the SEC’s team of destiny?
- They might be, but Andy Staples has them ranked lower than any major poll.
- The whole trap game thing only works if you don’t call it a trap…or something,
- Writers like to tell you what to watch for.
- In our Chris Low segment, guess who he thinks is super again. Yep, the same guy that’s his only candidate for the Heisman trophy in the SEC.
- Dye Log. Rod Report.*immature snickering*
- Gene talks Ole Miss…literally…it’s a video so you can like see his mouth moving and everything.
- Schlabach makes his case for the top teams in the BCS.
- We’re #1! Who cares?
- Pat Forde is the biggest Boise lover you’ll find, and now he thinks Auburn will lose to Ole Miss because the Tigers are coming off an emotional win. Has he not watched every game? Haven’t we always been coming off an emotional win?
- You know it’s a good thing when writers start talking about the other guys in the Heisman race just so they aren’t talking about Cam every week.
- Hey Bammers, your guy would vote for Cam.
- All joking aside, this week marks the year anniversary of Zac Etheridge’s neck injury. Here’s a good story about it.
It might be years from now, but you’re going to eventually run out of funny things to say about the Dye Log and the Rod Report. You’re on fire lately.