- As always, we’ll start off with predictions for the weekend: Pat Dye, Chris Low, Charles Hollis, Doug Segrest, CFN.
- I got you some previews, too: ESPN, CBS Sports, The Sporting News.
- If you can’t watch the game on TV, you can watch it live and for free on CBSSports.com. That link also shows a short video history of the series.
- I learned two things this week about Cam Newton: his coach at Blinn College was Dennis Franchione’s son, and he won the JUCO National Championship with a separated shoulder. Cam did, not Franchione’s son.
- We’ve got a few late midterm grades still rolling in.
- CollegeFootballNews.com has some final thoughts about the weekend, and Auburn/Arkansas gets a few mentions.
- Auburn is 15-15 in their last 30 games. That’s not too good, but it’s higher than you’d think when compared to the rest of the SEC.
- For some reason they call this weekly post “Y’all Play Nice“. I have no idea why, but they rank the SEC near the bottom, so I like to read it.
- Lee Ziemba is one of the top five offensive linemen in the SEC.
- Chris Low gives his three keys for Auburn/Arkansas, and then breaks down the match-up. He could have just put them in one video.
- Low then talks about Newton and Mallet. Side note: I hate to make this the Chris Low Show, but it’s a good thing when the SEC blogger for ESPN writes something about your team in almost every post. I guess I could just post a link to his blog and let you go read them all, but where’s the fun in that?
- Ok, last two: Low tells you watch to for this weekend, and again asks you “Did You Know“.
- Don’t forget your al.com Gameday fact sheet, and if you’re heading to the Plains this weekend, go to the Auburn Gameday site to see what’s going on.
i’d be curious to know how many false start penalties Ziemba has? it’s gotta be up there. he may be a good blocker but he’s also a good false-starter. war eagle, lee!