The ‘bits are back and better than ever as I wrap up the last few stories of the summer, before the Arkansas State previews start to roll in.
- History, and Jay Coulter, say that Gene Chizik’s 2nd year as Auburn’s head coach will be even better than his first.
- A few Tigers get some love in Kirk Herbstreit‘s 10th Annual Herbie Awards.
- SI.com‘s Stewart Mandel has already predicted this season’s bowl games. Naturally.
- Chris Low predicts what will happen in the SEC this year and Cam Newton gets a mention. Then in his “fearless” predictions for the SEC, he says that the cowbells will be in full force on a certain Thursday night in Starkville with the Tigers in town.
- Pat Dye has taken up writing and Doug Segrest asked him about it.
- CollegeFootballNews.com ranks all college football programs over the last five years. Auburn is about where you’d expect.
- Here are just some random facts about Auburn’s personnel from CBSSports.com. Then they give us something they call the inside slant and some notes and quotes.
- In basketball news, it looked like Auburn might not have any basketball players for next season, but a pretty good one is transferring from Texas to the Tigers.
Find something interesting that I missed? Put the link in the comments and share it with everyone.