Iron Bowl recaps/notes:
- If Alabama is the 2nd best team in the nation, doesn’t that make Auburn #2.5 or #3 at worst?
- Scarbinsky wonders why Alabama is getting praised for the win in 2009, when Auburn’s similar type of win in 2004 was bashed.
- He also says that the rivalry needed this type of game. Although it seems like he, and most Bammers, are acting like it’s Auburn’s fault that they game hasn’t been as important or serious in recent years. Auburn is 6-2 in the last eight Iron Bowls mind you.
- Goldberg grades Auburn’s Iron Bowl performance.
- For all you Todd-haters out there, and I know there are still a few, watch who makes the final block after running 70 or so yards on Terrell Zachary’s 1st quarter touchdown run.
- Oh, he also threw more touchdown passes this season than Pat Sullivan and Jason Campbell ever did in one season.
- After the Iron Bowl, Auburn picked up a tight end commitment from Michael Dyer’s teammate.
- Chris Low seems to think that taking the number #2 team to the wire, and pretty much handling them for 55 minutes, warrants being dropped two spots and put among the ranks of Mississippi State and Vanderbilt.
- Other polls have Auburn as high as 26th and as low as, well, not ranked at all.
- Our friends at CollegeFootballNews.com think the Tigers are the 25th best team in the nation.
- However, those same friends that had the Tigers in the Cotton Bowl a few weeks ago, now have Auburn playing in the Independence Bowl against Texas A&M.
- Our good buddy, Mr. Low, has Auburn going to the Independence Bowl as well.
- The other ESPN guys agree that Auburn will play Texas A&M in the Independence Bowl, too.
- And here’s a surprise, CBS Sports thinks it’s the Independence against Iowa State. Wouldn’t the media just love that, but wouldn’t it also be very boring and uneventful and one of those no-win situations for Auburn?
- This guy has some interesting notes about the SEC, but at the bottom of his post he has Auburn going to the Music City Bowl to play the Tarheels of North Carolina.
- Stewart Mandel of SI.com has Auburn in the PapaJohns.com Bowl against South Florida. I swear, if we play in the Pizza Bowl, I’m fighting somebody.
- Evan Woodbery says it’s more than likely going to the be the Independence or PapaJohns.com Bowl. But, he’s also a Bammer posing as an Auburn beat writer.